Hello, my name is Lori and I would like to take a moment and welcome you to Mightygoodrecipes! Here are collections of free recipes from myself and other sources that are mouth watering. I collect recipes because, like you, I get tired of always making the same things for my family. The best part is that all the recipes are free and located very easily. There are recipes anyone can make, follow and that your family will love. There are wide varieties of free recipes! Everything from Pork recipes, Chicken recipes, Cajun recipes to homemade hot chocolate! Since the recipes are free you can make them, post them, share them, etc. I do my best to add new recipes each day, and I'm always taking in new recipes from others who like to share them. Just let me know if you have a recipe to share and I would be more than happy to add it to the collection. Just email me the recipe and a picture at mightygoodrecipes82@gmail.com with the subject "recipe" Make for you and your family and enjoy!!!!!!



Saturday, March 17, 2012

Corned Beef and Cabbage



3 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
10 small red potatoes
5 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedges

 Place corned beef in large pot or Dutch oven and cover with water. Add the spice packet that came with the corned beef. Cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer about 50 minutes per pound or until tender. Add whole potatoes and carrots, and cook until the vegetables are almost tender. Add cabbage and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove meat and let sit 15 minutes. Place vegetables in a bowl and cover. Add as much broth (cooking liquid reserved in the Dutch oven or large pot) as you want. Slice meat across the grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment