Hello, my name is Lori and I would like to take a moment and welcome you to Mightygoodrecipes! Here are collections of free recipes from myself and other sources that are mouth watering. I collect recipes because, like you, I get tired of always making the same things for my family. The best part is that all the recipes are free and located very easily. There are recipes anyone can make, follow and that your family will love. There are wide varieties of free recipes! Everything from Pork recipes, Chicken recipes, Cajun recipes to homemade hot chocolate! Since the recipes are free you can make them, post them, share them, etc. I do my best to add new recipes each day, and I'm always taking in new recipes from others who like to share them. Just let me know if you have a recipe to share and I would be more than happy to add it to the collection. Just email me the recipe and a picture at mightygoodrecipes82@gmail.com with the subject "recipe" Make for you and your family and enjoy!!!!!!



Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pineapple Upside Down Cake



1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 (81/4-ounce)cans pineapple slices,undrained
( I use 1 can crushed pineapple)
10 pecan halves
11 maraschino cherries,halved
2 large eggs,separated
1 egg yolk
1 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar

Melt butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet over low heat.Sprinkle brown sugar in skillet.Remove from heat.
Drain pineapple1/4 cup juice.Cut pineapple slices in half,reserving 1 whole slice.Place whole pineapple slice in center of skillet.Arrange 10 pineapple pieces in a spoke fashion around whole slice in center of skillet.(Mind you,you don't have to do these steps if you're using crushed pineapple.)
Place pecan halves and cherry halves between each piece of pineapple..or arrange them the way you like if you're using crushed pineapple.

Oks...beat 3 eggs yolks at medium speed with electric mixer until thick and pale in color,gradually add 1 cup sugar,beating well.
Combined flour and next 3 ingredients;stir well.Add egg yolk to mixer alternately with reserved pineapple juice.Stir in vanilla.
Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed with mixer until stiff peeks form;fold into batter.Spoon batter evenly over pineapple in skillet.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45-50 minutes or until set.Invert onto a serving plate immediately!Cut and serve as desired.

(thanks Linna)

No comments:

Post a Comment